Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Forever a Student

Once I graduated with my Master's degree and decided to jump full time into teaching I surprisingly missed going to school. Okay... I kind of missed going to school. I mean I didn't miss pulling all nighters to finish a paper or studying for exams, but I really, really missed the learning part. I missed having discussions with classmates and learning about new teaching strategies. 

I am lucky enough to work for a school district that has an amazing professional development program, but recently I have been craving more information about my population of students, and my district doesn't offer workshops on severe and profound students because their are only 4 of us who teach severe and profound in the district. 

Luckily, my district has seen the value in sending teachers to conferences and workshops, as long as we commit to teaching a workshop on the topics covered to others in our district. 

Just as a began to feel really burned out on my morning class (severe students) I was given the opportunity to attend a 3 day Autism workshop. Day 1 has been a great success. I feel like by the end of the week I will be re energized and ready to jump full force into my morning class, which has tripled in size over the last month. 

Stay tuned for some great Autism tips and teaching strategies, I'll be posting again after the conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment