Monday, February 20, 2012

Future Van Gogh's?

Source
Ha... not in my class!!!!

I absolutely love creative art. You know, where you give the kid some material, let them get crazy, and then have them tell you what it is...


The problem is a lot of kids can't tell me what they are drawing. If they respond at all they might say something like "black paint". Although I think that this creative artistic form is very important for my little growing minds I also find great value and importance in more realistic paintings. I realized that if a student is given the write tools, a good model, and very explicit directions they are able to come up with a picture that actually looks like something. 




Aren't these great?! I was so impressed with my students. 

The next step is to get them to make realistic paintings without a model and tell a story about their painting using a compete sentence. Maybe we can get there by May?!

No comments:

Post a Comment